What We Do
Founded in 1935 by trucking companies, MMTA strengthens the trucking industry through advocacy, education, regulatory assistance, and money-saving product and service discounts.
- Regulatory Assistance: Have a question about drug testing, a citation, size and weight laws, or other issues? Call MMTA for help!
- Publications: Members receive the Association’s e-newsletter and quarterly magazine with the latest industry news.
- Training: MMTA holds frequent seminars to help members stay compliant. Topics include safety compliance, drug and alcohol testing, hours of service, and more.
MMTA has a well-respected reputation in Annapolis representing Maryland’s trucking industry. During each year’s General Assembly, MMTA maintains a full-time presence in the capital.
The Association also works with the Maryland State Police, Department of Transportation, Department of the Environment, and other regulatory bodies to educate officials about the concerns of the trucking industry.
Councils and Chapters
From dump trucks to tankers, from Port operators to household goods movers, MMTA has a variety of councils to help members in various segments of the trucking industry.
The Association also has chapters in Western Maryland and on the Eastern Shore that meet regularly for educational programs and networking.
MMTA has several special events throughout the year.
- Drivers of the Month/Year: Honors 12 truck drivers as Drivers of the Month, with one selected as the Driver of the Year.
- Maryland Truck Driving Championships: Brings hundreds of drivers together to test their knowledge and driving skills.
- SuperTech Maryland: A hands-on competition to demonstrate the skills of the maintenance technicians that keep your trucks on the road.
- Management Conference: Offers educational workshops and opportunities for networking as we install our new Chairman of the Board.
- Oyster Roast & Trade Show: Commonly attracts more than 700 people for food, music and fun, with a chance to see some of the newest products in trucking.
- Golf Tournament: MMTA’s annual spring tournament supports our Political Action Committee.
- Person of the Year Banquet: Recognizes an individual for his outstanding service to the trucking industry. Proceeds support a scholarship for students becoming CDL drivers.