Congress Passes Infrastructure Bill. What’s in it for Maryland?
December 21, 2021
Congress passed the $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. The bill represents the most meaningful investment in infrastructure in several decades. Below is a summary of how funds are expected to be allocated to Maryland.
- $4.1 billion for highway improvement.
- $1.7 billion towards public transportation.
- $884 million to improve water infrastructure.
- $409 million for bridge repairs and replacement.
- $158 million to improve Maryland’s airports.
- At least $100 million to expand rural broadband and bring internet to families who do not have access.
- $63 million to enhance and create more electric vehicle charging stations.