Dennis Morgan Honored as MMTA Person of the Year
May 1, 2023On April 29, Dennis Morgan of Cowan Systems was honored as MMTA’s 2023 Person of the Year. Dennis was recognized for his many contributions to MMTA and the trucking industry, which include:
- Serving on the Maryland Motor Truck Association Board of Directors from 2007 through 2021.
- Serving as the Chairman of the Board from 2015-2016.
- Helping with the Association’s lobbying efforts by participating in the Call on Washington program, speaking before the General Assembly’s minority caucus on the state of the trucking industry, and hosting legislators and regulators at Cowan Systems.
- Testifying on key pieces of legislation in Annapolis, such as a bill to modify the preventive maintenance schedule for newer model trucks that passed in 2021.
In recognition, Dennis was presented with:
- A crystal truck from MMTA Chairman of the Board Eric Baumgart;
- A U.S. flag flown over the Capitol in Washington DC in his honor from Senator Chris van Hollen;
- A Maryland Senate citation from Senator JB Jennings;
- A Maryland House of Delegates citation from Delegates Ryan Nawrocki and Kathy Szeliga.