Nash is Maryland's Driver of the Year!
January 29, 2020On January 28, 2020 John Nash of UPS was selected as Maryland's 2019 Truck Driver of the Year. Nash was honored with 12 other outstanding drivers as the 2019 Maryland Drivers of the Month by Maryland Motor Truck Association. He was selected as the Driver of the Year by the Maryland State Police after a careful review of the winners.
Nash was selected based on his extraordinary record, which includes:
- 31 years of safe driving, traveling 1.4 million miles.
- Volunteering at Maryland New Directions to help unemployed and underemployed citizens find careers in trucking.
- Winning the 3 axle class at the 2019 Maryland State Truck Driving Championships;
- Being inducted into the UPS Circle of Honor and leading his workgroup's safety committee.
In addition to the Drivers of the Month, MMTA also honored 4 companies with their annual Fleet Safety Awards, sponsored by Great West Casualty Company. the winning companies included:
- Chesapeake Plywood
- Town & Country Movers
- Aggregate Industries
- Schuster Concrete (Grand Champion)
MMTA also recognized Steven Kirkwood of the Maryland State Police as the 2019 Inspector of the Year.
A list of all the winners is available at http://www.mdtrucking.org/files/2020WinnersList.pdf.
Photos from the event will be available on MMTA's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mdmotortruck/.